Ben Laurie wrote:
> The observation is that many places that are currently:
> #if defined(OS_LINUX)
> are going to become:
> #if defined(OS_LINUX) || defined(OS_FREEBSD)
> and this is ugly.

I think that these would generally be proper as defined(OS_POSIX) &&
!defined(OS_MACOSX).  If people think that's ugly, maybe we need a new
macro that means the same thing.  Maybe OS_UNIXISH.

OS_MACOSX should not come out of OS_POSIX.  Mac OS X is of course
"Unixish" but I'm having a hard time coming up with a better macro
name for what's being proposed here other than OS_POSIX_NOT_MACOSX.

Mark