I don't wish to be a dog in the manger, but I think Mr. Churchill would feel
the attached wartime poster conveys his view of life and adversity better
than a reprise of the poster for the politician who returned his statue in
the White House to the British Government.  I had a copy of this poster from
the Imperial War Museum that I put up in my office at the Pentagon after
9/11 (a replacement office, my special ops bureau there having lost our
original offices in the attack), and it is now with me in retirement in
Chicago.  Let us all pray we Deserve Victory in our struggles in the new
year, and not simply Hope for it.  Special Forces and SEALs who worked for
me in that office at the Pentagon are still in harm's way in Afghanistan and
elsewhere today, far from their families in this holiday season.

Jon Lellenberg