Re: Power in the South:
Simplification of world situations is the hardest.

One simplification, (not an oversimplification), is:  “Aqaba is in
Dallas”, “Hadrian’s Wall is in New Bedford”, and “The only road back to
Jerusalem is through Gulu”.  These are just broad, but useful, geographic
images from history.

One:
“Aqaba is in Dallas”:  We control the world by using navies to control the
flow of oil.  Technology has turned on itself.  The AK-47 now trumps the
carrier based battle group.  This is now admitted to even in the
prestigious Naval Institute’s magazine: Proceedings.
Like Lawrence’s decision to cross the desert and attack Aqaba the guns are
trained on the sea and cannot be turned.  This is why Chavez visits the
Kalashnikov factory in Russia.  It is to reinforce the knowledge of this.
(BTW the 47 stands for 1947!)

Two:
“Hadrian’s Wall is in New Bedford.”  Most all colonialism, the contacts,
were based on the contacts in the first world-wide industry; whaling.
Even in the American Revolution the seaports were bonded to the
international bankers- New York City remaining Tory until the end.  Mao
knew it was far more important to take the countryside.  Once he won he
moved all universities inland.  We have reached that limit.  Normal war is
impossible throughout most of Latin American and a good portion of Africa.
 In vast areas of South American the cities are in the high-ground- at
altitudes for better temperature.  In one case a mere squad of men held up
all transportation to a city by attacking a nexus of roads through the
jungle for a full month.   Many of these areas can also exist better
without electric or oil.  Not well…, but exist.  War is war.  Another way
of saying this:  The South is less dependent on resources such as oil and
very rich in them.  Much of our oil, for example, comes from Venezuela and
Angola.

Three:
“The only road back to Jerusalem is through Gulu.”  This is really coming
about at present.  ‘Jerusalem’ here is used to represent a world coming
together on critical strategic issues.  It really is in progress.  Even
the Christian Science Monitor admitted to the CIA’s focus on Gulu, (north
of Kampala), as a listening post.  We must accept a collecting Africa.
They are to be the breadbasket of the world.  (Perhaps not so oddly this
too has just been touted by the Christian Science magazine format.)  As
Africa collects into one power it both reinstates the Peace of Westphalia
concept, (more than just Chad and Sudan), but wisely leaves the Gulu and
LRA area for last.  Like the United States ‘island jumping’ in the South
Pacific in the war against Japan.  LRA not on the maps but for a long time
an African country bigger than the Iberian peninsula covering areas north
of Gulu, teensy slices of Ethiopia, large portions of southern Sudan,
parts of CAR and big hunks of the Congo.  Both Turkey and China are very
ahead in understanding this.  Now most critical international meets are in
Istanbul, (not Ankara!!).
Chinese language teachers in hot demand both in Africa and all over South
America including land-locked Bolivia.

As this is new to some will repeat with slightly different slant:

“Aqaba is in Dallas. Hadrian’s Wall is in New Bedford. And the ONLY road
back to Jerusalem is through Gulu.”

Aqaba is in Dallas:
The present control of the world is mainly the Western world’s sea power
protecting the oil business. From the demonstration of General Van Riper,
etc, this has finally been admitted. The NYTimes did so in editorial but
was careful to use the phrase ‘mid ocean navy’ and omitting the terms
‘blue water navy’ and ‘littoral’. You might be able to research this by
Googling littoral and navy but you would need wade through tons of ‘mil.
babble’. To simplify this just realize that the AK-47 has trumped the
cruise missile. Eventually low-tech beats high-tech but it is a slow
process.
The image comes from WW I and Lawrence of Arabia’s surprise attack on
Aqaba across the assumed impassable desert as the guns of Aqaba were
trained on the sea and could not be turned. ‘Dallas’ represents oil
control.

Hadrian’s Wall is in New Bedford:
We are still enmeshed in a postcolonial period worldwide. In general this
shows itself on the first worldwide sea trade, the whaling industry. To a
great extent, (worldwide), there is tension between the port areas and
inland areas. New York City stayed ‘Tory’ until the end of the American
Revolution. Mao saw this and kept his Long March inward ignoring the
seaports until the end. Even after that revolution he saw the continuing
psychological danger and moved all colleges and universities inward to the
countryside. Areas in northern latitudes where technology is more
necessary, (cold climates etc.), inland areas are reduced to inward
frustration. They are far more a real power south. Those land areas more
vested in ports tend to break off. Portugal is to Spain as the Benelux
nations and old Holland is to Germany as the real Phoenicians were to the
then Turk mass.
(New Bedford considered center of whaling industry.)

The only road back to Jerusalem is through Gulu:
Jerusalem represents a tad more than just coming together of the mass
mind, (heart of world). It is still greatly iconic, archetypal.
Gulu, north of Kampala, is the historical line between Uganda and the LRA.
The continued war in Africa, a good deal instigated from the outside for
control, has led to a situation similar to the Treaty of Westphalia,
(1648), in Europe. Most of our international
law/agreements/working-arrangements rest on that agreement. (As well does
the acceptance of Switzerland as an international state/money-state haven
as in prior posts.) For example the Geneva Convention is basically a
reestablishment of Westphalia. The entire UN is basically Westphalia. Gulu
represents the final hurdle in exiting post-colonialism. You can see
Africa following Westphalia at present almost to a ‘t’. (Understand that
the principle has predicted this for years!) Normal arch-enemies are
getting together supporting state, not religion or tribal or other, as the
final rule and the only entity allowed military power. It is by Wesphalia
that non-uniformed combatants can be summarily executed. You must see this
in perspective of the 30 Year War preceding Westphalia to understand that
as horrid as war is to add religion to it would create ten times the
chaos. The Reformation bloodshed is almost beyond our present imagination.
As in: “…Religions don’t do that…”. Yes, they sure would if we let them.
Westphalia put almost an end to that.
Therefore ‘state’, (but ‘state’ in inner African terms), is being
reinforced as accepted power. For this natural enemies can agree as the
French supported Chad president and Sudan just did. (Surprised many.)
To give this perspective you could almost say ‘the only road back to
Jerusalem is through Bogota’. Bogota seems out of place as assumed to be
fighting rebellions and controlled mainly by gringo ‘drug enforcement’.
But money is money. The army and rebels fire in the air from time to time
and hand in body counts. The cocaine travels out. Ecuador, Bolivia,
Venezuela and on and on seem to scream at Bogota. But seems their coke
funnels through the same channels. Money is money. Glance but don’t stare.
In this respect you can say a final coming together occurs toward the end
with the Colombia apparent ‘odd country out’ and the ‘state’ problems
north of Gulu.
The religion/state re military problem was creatively solved by Turkey
following WW I. Even with all the present problems see how much the
Ataturk and his views are still respected there. The Young Turks followed
Westphalia. Just check the present attitudes there with this as most
likely a decent reflection: (Read the ‘food engineer’, Ayse, slowly.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8538614.stm

Although I have written about the true international use of the Mossad,
(to help keep secret international non-use-of-nuke agreements honest), few
can grasp it even though it has the best logic. The power of TV is mainly
emotional. Those viewing vibrate together in a hidden cult that is not
admitted to. In recent years that situation has gotten out of hand.
Problem is that at present there is nothing to replace it with. It
therefore still IS necessary. Here we deal with the way things are, not
the way they ‘should be’ or ‘could be’. This is known, partially out. It
is the ‘secret card’ that Ahmadinejad keeps referring to that the never
names. It is why Turkey quietly advocates for a replacement for the UN, as
the Security Council is mainly a way of quasi legitimatising the secret
agreement.

What I am giving is the base, super mundane map perspective. It is the
base map on which other things are over-laid. From this I see less war,
more rumors of, and a slow painful plod, plod, plod, plod. Perhaps it is
all in the game but now the game is in all. It is a sort of finalizing. We
are headed toward the legitimatising of two seeming opposing forces, that
of small areas and that of international business. Some aspects of
business need be managed internationally such as shipping and
communications, from mail to rail; there is no way around this. I can see
smaller areas, states, with more economic power but at the same time about
4 internationally monitored corporations, (almost a
serve-the-public-and-be watched), handling base international necessities.

With that in place O’Neal’s dictum, (“All politics is local”), takes over
in spades.  The states will replace countries.  Power of states go to
counties and power of counties go back to towns.  Both can be done.  Seems
like two locomotives headed toward each other on the same track to smash…,
but it will work.  Because it must.

Doonsbury’s ‘Hedley Roland’, (CIA guy posing as newsman), is now fairly
openly known to be based on Hedley Donovan.  Hedley taught my father these
things and they were passed on to me.  Hedley made some big errors.  But
still.  Hedley:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedley_Donovan
Wiki all whacked out here: prior to becoming advisor to Pres. Carter he
was president of Time.