Phyllis,
Thanks for passing this information along.  We do have the following in the manual, but if I remember to do so, I will add your suggestion method also.

or create a convenient desktop icon with a link to the run action:
1. right-click on the appimage file
2. Properties
3. Application Tab
4. Command:

         /path/to/appimage/./CinGG-yyyymmdd.AppImage
5. OK

Yes, this would be even easier, but I couldn't get it to work so far:

I could change the AppImage Properties icon to the "pixmap/cinx.svg" icon,
but although I use my desktop local language I couldn't see the fields equivalent to

   3. Application Tab

or the field to enter the

   4. Command:

          /path/to/appimage/./CinGG-yyyymmdd.AppImage

Is this procedure for Gnome or for another desktop environment?

Possibly also a second DE integration could be added (later) if found useful:
/usr/share/applications/cingg.desktop
working like this
Right-click a video file type in the file browser and select from the context menu:
Open with -> CinGG

And lastly at the same time:
Is the special version with 10bit color support (cinelerra10bit) gone?

Terje J. H