There are now builds for users to test:

https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/testing/cin-x86_64_chromakeyavid.AppImage
(works on ubuntu 16 + newer O/S)
    https://github.com/einhander/cin-gg-packages/releases (packages for
specific newer O/S)
Included in the above builds is the newest ContextManual.pl for using Alt-h
Help within CinGG. Refer to BT 0000661
<https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=661> for more info.

About "Either we leave both plugins intact, retaining three ChromaKeys
(RGB, HSV, and Avid) and probably confusing unfamiliar users which
ChromaKey HSV is the right one." I think we have to leave all 3 intact to
continue to support old projects; just like we still support 32-bit
computers. At one time, we tried to eliminate one of the "Motion" plugins
and then ended up putting it back because a user's old project would no
longer work correctly.  I think Andrea can explain in the manual about
which Chromakey to use.