Joe Friedrichsen wrote:
I've noticed that in some videos I've made as well - the background appears to change the way the title fades in. This is still different. In the sample file (http://www.f-forge.com/?d=EdD1UKgj9LQsCupcxJwR), the flicker is quite obvious - it's not coming from a contrast with the background. Rather, the title slowly and smoothly fades out until the final frame of fading out, at which point that single last frame shows the title at full visibility.

I can observe this flicker in cinelerra's compositor during playback and during frame-by-frame advancement.

I haven't been following this thread closely, but it does sound like something I experienced and resolved. The problem was that I was using fading keyframes and setting them by hand instead of using the slider. That is to say, I'd press the mouse when the cursor was over the part of the timeline I wanted to fade then drag it downward until my compositor window faded out. Because of Cinelerra 2's quirky feature, for some of the last frames it would actually go past fading out and back into visible again. The resolution for this was to use the slider instead of dragging on the timeline.

-Brendan ([EMAIL PROTECTED])