On Saturday 07 April 2007 18:07, Joe Friedrichsen wrote:
> On 4/7/07, Alan Chandler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have some files that I would like to edit that have been created
> > as .avi containers with an mpeg4 video stream and an mp3 audio.
> >
> > When I attempt to load them as a resource in Cinelerra it seems to
> > think that they are only audio
> >
> > I tried convering them to .mov files using ffmpeg and to load them
> > into cinelerra that way.  Then I get the video, but the audio shows
> > as complete silence.
> >
> > I am not sure what it the right way to hold both audio and video
> > streams in a single file so that cinelerra can load them in for
> > editing.  Can someone helpme out here.
>
> There are a few hints in the docs:
> http://cvs.cinelerra.org/docs/split_manual_en/cinelerra_cv_manual_en_
>5.html#SEC63 ,

I had already read that quite carefully - but its quite confusing.  For
instance it say audio formats are WAV, PCM, AIFF and AC3, but then it
talks about .mov format.

I tried converting my avi to .mov format with ffmpeg

ffmeg -i video.avi -acodec ac3 video.mov

and it I can load up the resultant file in "kaffine" and play it fine,
but loading it into cinelerra I get the video, but the audio is a
sqeeky noise.

>but you don't really say what your source is.

Currently much I have downloaded is .flv files from youtube, but I also
get input from my tv via a DVD writer (so I am importing from a dvd)
and I will want to get video off my Casio digital camera (not sure yet
what that is in - I think the video maybe mjpeg).

> ususally edit video from my miniDV camera, so I always capture into
> .mov containers with DV video and pcm audio.
>
> Joe

Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk