On 4/7/07, Alan Chandler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Saturday 07 April 2007 20:58, Joe Friedrichsen wrote:

> > > ffmpeg -i youtube.flv -acodec ac3 -vodec mpeg2video -y video.mpg
> >
> > This fails when converting from my .avi file rather than the .flv
> > source
>
> And my crystal ball is still at the cleaners. I can't make any stabs
> in the dark without something to stab at :-) Were any meaningful
> error messages generated?
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7e2bba8]MPEG1/2 does not support 15/1 fps
Error while opening codec for output stream #0.0 - maybe incorrect
parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

You'll probably need to add the -r (framerate) option. Use 25 for PAL
and 29.970 for NTSC:

ffmpeg -i youtube.flv -acodec ac3 -vodec mpeg2video -r 25 -y video.mpg

> You also haven't mentioned which version of cinelerra you're using.

Not sure how to find that out - there is no "about" menu.  Its the
latest debian sid version 1:2.1.0-2s

That's probably sufficient for others here on the list. It's pretty
quiet out there ;-)

Joe