mark stavar wrote:
I am getting the same results -- my playback is faster and smoother with X11-Xv than with OpenGL. Now mine is probably not a hig-end graphics card (and a little dated now) but it supports OpenGL 2.0. A tad disappointing :-(

Hi mark

Like Bruce you probably have a problem of some sort. I just tried out the open gl video driver (Preferences>Video Out>Video Driver>OpenGL) and got 30 fps for the following effects chain playing in Open GL: camera z enlarge 2.2 (bicubic, gamma (no auto no histrogram), rgd and chromakey hsv)

only 4 fps playing in X11-XV

I also noticed that no restart is neccessary to swap video drivers just press stop and play.

My video was H.264 video in a mov container and had sound (alsa driver).

I have a pretty good setup with lots of memory but if your opengl is working properly you should be seeing a big contrast with the x11-xv driver.

Graham