2007/11/9, Martin Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Fedora 8 is out with just a passing mention of improved Firewire support in
> the release notes; does anyone know if this is 'improved' as in Fedora 7 or
> does it work again now?
Again! It depend on your hardware!
ohci 1.1 compatibles devices are known to work better
If any has difficulties with the new stack... I can help providing
non-replacement packages (compat-libraw1394 ) and kernel module (
kmod-ieee1394 ) to use the old stack (with ohci 1.0 devices). (even
with a cinelerra pacakge compatibles with the rpm.livna.org
repository...)

Nicolas (kwizart)