On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 15:22:33 +0100, Marcin Okraszewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
I'm having a bit of trouble with transitions between two files. As I
finally figured out, I have to remove 1 second at the end of first
track and then drop the transition effect. Otherwise the first video
is frozen in the transition. But what bothers me, is that it is very
inconvenient to do. I have to do first a delete edits an then do
transition. I think it is one of most basic usage scenarios. Can't it
be done somehow easier?

 Not with the way Cinelerra currently works...

 ...which I personally think is a little wrong.  The way _I_ would
consider natural is not that the transition _begins_ at the edit
point, but that it would be _centered_ at the edit point.

 However, that would not suit your usecase.  For you, it would be
convenient if the transition _ended_ at the edit point.

 My feature suggestion to appease all parties would be to let
transitions have three allowed alignment, chosen by the user:
1. Start at the cut point
2. Center around the cut point (50/50 at the edit point)
3. End at the cut point

 If the timeline view is far zoomed out, it will be hard to do
this reliably with the mouse, though.  Use modifier keys and
a custom cursor or transition sub-icon to indicate the alignment,
perhaps?  Other suggestions?

 I, for one, would like this feature.

--
Herman Robak