What is the best OS to run on then?

I began with redhat, then suse, then debian, tried puppy and now most lately ubuntu.

I have partitioned my harddisk in 30 gb partitions, all the same size for convenience, only one partition per os.

For the time being I have ubuntu 7.04, ubuntu 7.10, ubuntu 8.04, ubuntu 8.10 and plan for ubuntu 9.04 when the stable release comes 23th april 2009.

I find ubuntu most appropriate, as so many people are using it, and so much help is to find in the ubunut community/mailing lists/archives.

In principle all linux distributions are the same, but as the development goes so fast, I find that it is best always to use the latest versions.

Please note, that a linux distribution is only files (makes it easier to overview, I find).

I use the dd command to make backups of each partition, 30 gb takes some 25 minutes (use puppy as live cd for this).

There is no best linux distribution, only what individual persons like the best, I find :-)