Subject: Re: [CinCV] cinelerra fork.
From: yosep...@gmail.com
To: cinelerra@skolelinux.no
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:50:06 +0100

My idea is to make cinelerra more pleasing to the eye and more functional. As
an example of pleasing to the eye, OpenShot. As an example of more functional,
cutting files button, more effective or better (eg the blurring of the
transitions), improved file management, because the internal ffmpeg gives very
bad results, and could support the external ffmpeg and quicktime for linux.

Everything I say this without knowledge, is more of an idea.

I know that the graphical environment is internal cinelerra, but that creates
problems, I think it could use qt or gtk.

I have done something to OpenShot (an effect, but really did not do anything
because they already had mlt). And OpenShot is betting very heavily on the 3D,
but does not reach to the power of cinelerra on other things.

OpenShot, PiTiVi and Kdenlive are based on MLT, which is fine, but I think that
cinelerra is better. (is my opinion).

I imagine an aspect of OpenShot, with the power of cinelerra, more 3D, and some
improvements, and it would incredible.

I thought it not worthwhile to complicate your life, because for simple things,
you are no alternatives, and more complicated things are supposed to Lightworks
will someday, I'd love to try.

Yosepkey