Ciao!

I knew the Cin community is great! :-)

I've decided to try and follow two of them:

        1. Cinelerra

The best application is always the one I know. :-)

Lorenzo, you had a clever idea.
I try to hack a little with the compositor projector and view percentage. I think it can work.

I plan to work with all tracks with video fade to 0. My editing will consist of raising the fade line to 100 for my chosen track for the chose time.

        2. Blender

To learn using it is a good investment. :-)

I plan to use up to 12 camera inputs for the same scene, with 12 different framing of the same moment. I'll work in PAL resolution (720x576). Flavio, I accept your kind offer of a .blend file. :-)

Does Blender have an easy fade control (like Cinelerra has)?

Thanks Haldun for suggesting Lives. I played a little with it but I confess Blender is more seducing.

Thanks Glen, I tried Openshot. It's very easy to split the view in 4 but the editing workflow is a little awkward for me, long time Cinelerra user. Your tip about the kdenlive audio synch feature is precious! Unfortunately without the possibility to easily fade in/out and without a mix track output I don't think I'll be able to use Kdenlive for this project.

Ciao!
Raffaella

PS: I doubt the finished video will ever go on-line. The rights are acquired by the Padua University Press for 20 years.. :-(
I'll be able to share it only privately.