Ciao!

But what is most puzzling is that - and I repeat this once again - I
created 4 parts of a series which are perfectly in sync, whether I
play them in Cinelerra or any of the players, but this last one just
won't sync once it hits Cinlelerra. Well, sorry, not quite correct: I
can get it to sync in Cinelerra using the Nudge facility but when I
render the file this nudge setting is absent and I get a mouth moving
with the sound coming after the mouth has moved on to better things
:-) .

This is puzzling indeed.
You treat all the 4 parts identically but the 4th one reacts differently.

I have seen this odd behaviour only with MPEG2 files in Cinelerra and I've never found a solution.

Which format/codec are the files you load in Cinelerra?

Ciao!
Raffaella