On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Raffaella Traniello
<raffaella.tranie...@g-raffa.eu> wrote:
> Ciao!
>

>> But what is most puzzling is that - and I repeat this once again - I
>> created 4 parts of a series which are perfectly in sync, whether I
>> play them in Cinelerra or any of the players, but this last one just
>> won't sync once it hits Cinlelerra. Well, sorry, not quite correct: I
>> can get it to sync in Cinelerra using the Nudge facility but when I
>> render the file this nudge setting is absent and I get a mouth moving
>> with the sound coming after the mouth has moved on to better things
>> :-) .
>

> This is puzzling indeed.
> You treat all the 4 parts identically but the 4th one reacts differently.
>
> I have seen this odd behaviour only with MPEG2 files in Cinelerra and I've
> never found a solution.
>
> Which format/codec are the files you load in Cinelerra?

Cinelerra assumes that audio and video start at the sane time. In
mpeg2 video may start at t=0.6 and audio at 2.0. There are timstamps.
Cinelerra ignores the timestamps and assumes that both start at 0.
This meaans that audio and video are desynchronized 1.4 secs.

As of the nudge feature - I tested it and it worked for me.

Einar