Hello,
A canadien video maker, Pierre, from another liste (lprod/France) who had some issues in subscribing to our liste, security announcement scares him, has a problem of synchronisation in editing for which we, on the other list, couldn't bring him a solution. I bring you the problem here by to see if anyone from the list can help him to resolve his problem.
He has to finish an editing work.

If you want to write him directly his mail adresse :
p.autourdugl...@gmail.com
Otherwise I will transfer to him the answers :))

Haldun

Here his problem in his words :

Hello,

Desynchronizations occur during displacement and insertion sequences already present on the timeline.

I use Cinelerra-CV 2.2 under Ubuntu 12.04 64bit (including all updates) and Gnome "Classic without effects."

I am a beginner in editing but a professional director in video.

For this project, I shot with my own camera (HVR-Z1U) in "DV" NTSC 29.97 frames/second, "16/9", 2x soundtracks 48kHz "lock mode". All my shots were captured by dvgrab in "dv2" (.avi). dvgrap has automatically segmented transfers for each camera startup.

Frequently (but not always), if I move a sequence already present on the timeline to fit inside another sequence on the timeline, I find myself with sync sound problems at the beginning of the sequence segment following the insertion point.

Thesedesynchronizations do not appear immediately after insertion, they are visible and audible if I lengthens the beginning of the sequence that follows the inserted segment.

All this explanation is a bit complex and difficult ... and it is best to watch the demonstration viveo capture I made of the problem and placed on the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y72kpaIO2IY&list=FLh2m4XNEHyJxq_VPAOTbdUQ&index=1

After reading the following discussion in the list archives Cinelerra-CV:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cinelerra@skolelinux.no/msg03322.html

I have to wonder if the problem is not related to the Cinelerra-CV way to manage NTSC frame rate of 29.97 frames/second. Which, according to the link provided, would lead to mismatches related to differences in length of image and sound tracks, and fragments of sound, remaining after cutting.

It is as if the cuts I made on the timeline, leaving debris soundtracks (which would have exceeded the cut point on the video track) and subsequently contaminating sequences that follow the insertion ...

This problem is very annoying and undermines my editing work, it is also difficult to understand ... and more to find a solution ...

Thank you for your attention.

Pierre