Hello Haldan,

> A canadien video maker, Pierre, from another liste (lprod/France) who had
> some issues in subscribing to our liste, security announcement scares him,

There are some ongoing issues with the mailing list; the maintainers
are aware of them.

> has a problem of synchronisation in editing for which we, on the other list,
> couldn't bring him a solution.

Having watched the video and read your mail, I could not tell if
'Align to frame boundaries' is set.  That's sort of a 'stupid
question' type suggestion, but if it's that's simple... :-)

> http://www.mail-archive.com/cinelerra@skolelinux.no/msg03322.html
>

> I have to wonder if the problem is not related to the Cinelerra-CV way to
> manage NTSC frame rate of 29.97 frames/second. Which, according to the link
> provided, would lead to mismatches related to differences in length of image
> and sound tracks, and fragments of sound, remaining after cutting.

well, this would be responsible for an error of about a half sample at
a frame boundary (1/48000th of a second).  I work almost exclusively
in 24000/1001 and don't have alignment issues--- but my workflow is
also somewhat different (I cut across tracks for additional
flexibility, not within a single timeline).

I am more worried about an error in the frame number calculation
caused by the noninteger framerate.  Cinelerra certainly has some
examples of this.

> It is as if the cuts I made on the timeline, leaving debris soundtracks
> (which would have exceeded the cut point on the video track) and
> subsequently contaminating sequences that follow the insertion ...
>
> This problem is very annoying and undermines my editing work, it is also
> difficult to understand ... and more to find a solution ...

Hmmm... Would it be possible to send me the EDL (that is the save file
format) for the project pre-cut, post insertion and then again
post-stretch when the problem manifests?  I'd like to see the internal
representation of what Cinelerra thinks it is doing there.  I don't
need the media, just the EDL.

Monty