Hi from Sri Lanka

I am Mettavihari here and just to give you a bit of confidence I like to
say that I have been using Cinelerra for the last 6 years and I am
wondering how ever to shift over to another software like kdenlive. It just
does not look the way I am used to now.

I presently run 2 Television Channels using Cinelerra on 16 work stations.

But I must say that this field is always changing.
For years in the past and for years to go we will be broadcasting in SD
format.
Now many places in the world are switching over to HD so I also have a
learning curve to go.
The next channel that I have bought equipment for is planned for HD.
This will be all new for me.

For me it is partly a religious decision to work with Linux and partly an
economic decision.
But let me make it clear that I could not afford the cost of software on 16
editing benches.

I have produced videos for some of the local Channels and I always find
that their machines has been full of viruses when I go to the offices. This
is one thing that we are free of in Linux.

Good luck with your work.
Mettavihari

Streaming video from http://dharmavahini.tv