Arie Vayner (avayner) wrote:
> If you really need to be able to provide access to the VIP from the same
> L2 domain where the real servers are located, I would recommend moving
> to dispatched mode.
> Just disable "nat server", and configure the VIP as a loopback interface
> on the real servers (easily done on any OS). This would allow the
> servers to use the VIP as a source, so both remote and local clients
> would be able to access the VIP on the SLB instance, but the return
> traffic would not require a translation back...

That's news to me.  I remember according to the docs even when using 
dispatch mode, a layer3 hop is still required.

I've tried endless times to get L2 adjacent hosts to use virtual server 
addresses on the same subnet/l2 with no luck.  Even in dispatch mode I 
don't think the router will re-write the mac in the packets unless it 
traverses a L3 hop.

Correct me if I'm wrong and point me to the documentation that proves 
this please.

-Robert

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to