Peter Rathlev wrote: > Um... EIGRP is still semi-widely used last time I checked. It's a > complex protocol, but things like unequal cost multipath makes it well > worth knowing. And it was OSPF and BGP that took up by far the largest > part of my exam, but maybe I was just lucky. :-)
That may be but I've only ever seen 2 networks using EIGRP. I know of many SPs that are using IS-IS and I'm sure there are thousands running OSPF. Back when I took it just about every other question was some obscure question on the intricacies of EIGRP and DUAL. Were the questions based on what IGP the engineer was likely to encounter in the field then most of the questions should have been OSPF followed by the RIPs, IS-IS and EIGRP. I guess since it's Cisco's protocol and Cisco's test they're going to quiz you on what *they* want you to know. :-) A near perfect score on the other protocols wasn't enough to offset the blackhole that was my EIGRP score. C'est la vie... Justin _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
