Manu Chao wrote:
type-2 ;)
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Ivan Pepelnjak <[email protected]> wrote:
while configuring an OSPF process for a VRF on a Cisco 3550-12G
(running 12.2(25)SE) I notice that the command "passive-interface"
is unavailable. How can this be? Is there another way I can
suppress
routing updates on an interface?
You can put actual network commands in ospf configuration section. For
example:
network 172.16.8.1 0.0.0.0
network 172.17.0.30 0.0.0.0
network 172.17.0.242 0.0.0.0
It will activate interfaces in the target VRF only. You can
redistribute
any other routes you need to announce.
... And we're back to the neverending question: ignoring the obvious
implications for stub areas, is it better to advertise connected subnets as
parts of router (type-1) LSA or as individual external (type-5) routes?
I used to be definitely in favour of type-5, then Bruce Pinsky was kind
enough to reply to an email on this list:
http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2006-November/035851.html
Nowadays, we're all BGP so it's moot!
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/