On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Phil Mayers <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 03/09/2011 08:20 PM, Tim Durack wrote: > > I think I'm seeing something similar with a few >> 6504/SUP720-3BXL/6724-CFC running 12.2(33)SXI3. >> >> Traceroutes crossing these units in the global table timeout. Works fine >> in a VRF. >> > > Timeout at which hop? Can you give an example? Correction: traceroute originating/terminating at one of these units fail: SUP720-3BXL-6724-RTR-1#traceroute mpls ipv4 SUP720-3BXL-6724-RTR-2 Tracing MPLS Label Switched Path to SUP720-3BXL-6724-RTR-2, timeout is 2 seconds <snip> Type escape sequence to abort. 0 10.241.1.1 MRU 9216 [Labels: implicit-null Exp: 0] . 1 * . 2 * SUP720-3B-6748-RTR-1#traceroute mpls ipv4 SUP720-3B-6748-RTR-2 Tracing MPLS Label Switched Path to SUP720-3B-6748-RTR-2, timeout is 2 seconds <snip> Type escape sequence to abort. 0 10.247.1.1 MRU 9216 [Labels: implicit-null Exp: 0] ! 1 10.247.1.2 1 ms VS-S720-6748-RTR-1#traceroute mpls ipv4 VS-S720-6748-RTR-2 Tracing MPLS Label Switched Path to VS-S720-6748-RTR-2, timeout is 2 seconds <snip> Type escape sequence to abort. 0 10.1.1.1 MRU 9216 [Labels: implicit-null Exp: 0] ! 1 10.1.1.2 1 ms Tracerouting across works fine. So 3BXL+6724 !good, 3B+6748 is good, 3C+6748 good. >> I did read some docs about this at one point; but I've not been able to > find them again since. I suspect it was in relation to the PFC-3C, so you > might try hunting for the docs on that. > > Or it might have been during one of my "read all the TAC bugs in the > release notes" sessions - perhaps try that. > > Or open a TAC? > > Yup, I'll give that a shot. I usually find cisco-nsp more helpful ;-| > To emphasise my earlier point: after I read whatever I read, I came away > pretty sure this is a hardware bug in the PFC-3B, and there's nothing that > can be done to fix it. > > I'll see if I can find the docs again. > Thanks for the input. -- Tim:> _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
