Hi Manuel,

What are the supervisor engines that you are using on the 7600 routers.

Regards,
Waseem



________________________________
From: Manuel Marín <[email protected]>
To: Waseem <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Huawei NE40E-X3 vs Cisco AS9K


Hi Waseem

Thanks for your reply. They mentioned that the backplane was 200Gbps and 
actually I was considering the 8 port 10G card but this came from a 
marketing/sales guy so I don't know if this is true or not. I will double check 
and will ask the R&D or technical guys to confirm this info. We are trying to 
replace cisco 76XX because CPU speed. We are using the 76XX for 
peering purposes and when there are more than 40 BGP peers the 76XX routers 
just don't have the CPU power to handle this BGP load.

Additional to Huawei are considering other option? 

I'll let you know how testing goes

Regards




On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Waseem <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,
> 
>We've been in the same situation, a small note: per slot
capacity of the ASR9K is 320G it takes 40G and 100G SPAs while for NE40E-X3 is
40G, almost the same as Cisco's 7600.
>
>
>Regards,
>Waseem  
>
>
>
>________________________________
>From: Manuel Marín <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:56 AM
>Subject: [c-nsp] Huawei NE40E-X3 vs Cisco AS9K
>
>
>Hi
>
>We are currently looking for alternatives to upgrade cisco 76XX  routers and
>we are comparing Huawei NE40E-X3 vs Cisco ASR9K. I was wondering if someone
>can share their experience with Huawey routers as Core MPLS routers.
>
>Any advice would be greatly
 appreciated
>
>Thanks
>_______________________________________________
>cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
>
>


-- 
Manuel Marín 
Transtelco Inc.
1.9152172232
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to