From: Simon Watson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 1:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Quick question on setting Etherchannel on Cat6K

Hi Guys

I have a catalyst 6509 with 2 * Gigabit ethernet ports on the supervisor
module(module1) & 3 further modules with 8 * Gigabit ethernet ports on each
module(modules 2,3 & 4).

I initially wanted to set up a Gigabit Etherchannel with one of the ports on

the supervisor module  with one of the Gigabit Ethernet ports on module 4.

However I'm sure that I remember reading somewhere that you can only set up
etherchannels with ports that are grouped together, which would mean that I
cannot adopt what I have mentioned above.

Can someone please confirm this

Many Thanks

Simon