I'm just going to point out that this is not necessarily true for
all
EtherChannels, it depends on the switch hardware. For instance,
on the
Catalyst 4000, 2948G, and 2980G, single EtherChannel bundles can
span
multiple modules and do not have to be contiguous.
[Reference: Software Config Guide-Release 5.4, 7-4]

--
Scott Mountenay