Hmmm... we have 1900s, 2924XLs, 5000s, 5500s ,etc.  And we have no problems
with our LAN.

10% packet loss is indicative of a problem, but I doubt it is the hardware.
Check the speed/duplex settings between the switch and the router.  If they
are mismatched, especially if one side is full duplex and the other is half,
then you will certainly have problems.