the Serial 0/0 notation, as well as any 2/0 0/2 notations liek this, are
only availabe on modular equipments, wether router or switch. the first
number is the module, and the second number is the interface itself. for
example, in a 4500. If u had a quad serial interface in the second slot, and
u were trying to configure the third interface,
the notation would look like this, int serial 1/3 , because the first int is
always 0, and the first slot as well.
hope this helps.
btw, in a catalyst, the first number is the number on the slot in which the
module is inserted.