Joe should be busy getting ready for his lab so let me.
RIP routes are limited to a maximum distance of 16 "layer 3" hops (i.e.
routers)...   Basically your network could contain 26 routers but the max
route from one to another  (a - z) could not hop thru more then 15 or RIP
would not see the route..  (think of it like the time to live exceeded).
OSPF on the other hand can see up to 255 hops

--

Lou Nelson, CCNA, CCDA
Billy Monroe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
8geo83$ml8$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8geo83$ml8$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Hey Joe, can you tell more about the "Diameter of the network" when using
> RIP/OSPF ?
>

> ""Joe Martin"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> 8genl5$kj5$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8genl5$kj5$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Perfect with minor issues.  RIP V1 only supports FLSM and OSPF supports
> > VLSM.  So it depends on the IP addressing.  Diameter of the network.
RIP