In this case, though, both switches B and C are in the same VLAN, but I
wouldn't want traffic destined for C going down the trunk connected to B.
This would be a waste of time and bandwidth.  I'm trying to determine if the
trunk will pass ALL traffic for that VLAN, or only VLAN traffic that is
actually destined for an endhost on the opposite end of a particular trunk.
:-)  That barely makes sense....heh heh.

>  If you use ISL, it will pass traffic only if it is destined for that
VLAN. It
>  does frame tagging.
>  It won't pass unnecessary traffic.
>

>  John Neiberger wrote:
>
>  > Ok, I'm suffering from a brain cloud at the moment.  So, willing to
suffer
>  > the comic flames and arrows, I ask the following question:
>  >
>  > Assume we have three switches: A, B, and C.  A has a fast ethernet
>  > connection to B and another to C.  B and C are not directly connected.
At
>  > this point, these are not trunk lines and they are in the same VLAN.
That
>  > means only traffic destined for B goes down the line to B, and traffic
>  > destined for C goes to C.
>  >
>  > Now, if I were to make both of those connections trunk lines, either
ISL or