Actually, in a production network with many vlans, I think there will be
more traffic on the trunks.  If one port is a trunk and it has 5 vlans
configured, a broadcast from all vlans will traverse the trunk - so if all
vlan's broadcast at the same time, instead of 1 broadcast - as most ports
will see - the trunk will see 5.

As far as traffic passing the trunk where it is not destined for a user on
that trunk...Only broadcasts, multicasts, and unicasts destined for a real
user will traverse the trunk.  So a unicast to a user off swich C will not
be seen by switch B.  On switch A, if you do a "sh cam dynamic" you will see
MAC address mappings to the trunk port interface of users off switch C.

If you start talking about multiple VLANs then you can look at VTP prunning.
If setup properly, it will only send traffic on a trunk if there is a
particluar VLAN configured on a switch off that trunk.  In your scenario,
say you have 3 VLANs.  VLAN 1 is configured on all 3 switches.  VLAN 2 is
only on switch C and A.  VLAN 3 is only on Switch B and A.  Switches B and C
are trunking to switch A.  Switch A has user ports in all 3 VLANs.  A
broadcast from a port on switch A in VLAN 2 will not traverse the trunk to
switch B, because there are no user ports in that VLAN anyway.  Makes sense
huh?

Kenny