This means the csu/dsu cannot synchronize on the framing bit, or it might
mean there is a clocking or "slip" problem.  Out of Frame  (oof) errors
occur when enough frame errors have been logged.  This indicates the
equipment has lost framing completely.

When the csu/dsu is reporting RAI (T1 yellow alarm) or framed signal, you
know that the recieve is good but it is sending out the alarm because it
detects a problem with the incoming signal.

Red alarm means the csu/dsu of course is not receiving a good T1 signal -
either the incoming framing does not match its internal setting,i.e. esf or
sf.   Also there could be an open causing a loss of the incoming framing.

AIS is typically an unframed all ones.  I is sent by M13's WBDXC's and NIU's
(all telco equipment).

Verify that there is only one clock on the circuit.  Also, verify that the
csu/dsu is configured for the correct framing.

Last but not least,  since you are experiencing continuous continuity
problems demand that the local telco perform a CLASS A on the circuit.  A
CLASS A should include the following from your local telco:

DS1 SERVICE

Replace NIU and housing. Use Genius Jack if Possible!!!
Replace all coils & carbons
Replace all XCONS
Replace tie pairs
Replace repeaters where applicable
Use TDR check for Bridge Taps
Check HDSL equipement for correct optioning. Also check alarm and
performance data.
Involve Telco's 2nd Level Support

Hope this helps

Makeeda