Look for a corelation between outages and weather. High winds or rain.
Many years ago I worked for NYTel. Fiber didn't exist then. Only copper for
T-1s. At one repeater location in a manhole there was a bad seal on the can
or the repeater folks wanted job security. Every time there was a major rain
we would start to loose spans. Same order every time as the can filled with
water.