Sounds as if your wiring from the demarc to your equipment is rather long.
Many folks use Cat5 cable for these connections. If you suspect that you are
picking up interference locally then a possible solution is a shielded pair
wire called something like t-shield that is designed to protect such
connections. Ground the shield at one end only.