Thanks for your feedback John.  I see what you are saying about the
default gateway - and now realize I should have specified more of my
setup in the original email.....  :-)

The default gateway in the 10.0.0.115 host is 10.0.0.1.  10.0.0.1 is
an interface on a firewall that NATs traffic to the internet.  I'm
trying to create a "new LAN segment" with the 4000M router.

Would look like this, I think:

 Internet Connection

    |(External IP address)

    Firewall

         | (10.0.0.250)
          Router
         | (10.0.10.1)

Should I be looking into using NAT on the router?  Should I be
pursuing my CCDA and then asking these questions?  *LOL*

Regards,
Becky