From: Becky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 2:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: New CCNA - realizing what I don't know.....

I feel pretty stupid - I've just passed the CCNA this past Friday
and am trying to get a simple 4000M 10baseT router to pass
traffic from one segment to another.  I just got this router to play
with - yes, I passed the CCNA with out any real hands-on...(I know,
I know - let the paper-cert debates begin...*grin*)....anyway, here
is a copy of an extended ping:

Internal1#ping
Protocol [ip]:
Target IP address: 10.0.0.115
Repeat count [5]:
Datagram size [100]:
Timeout in seconds [2]:
Extended commands [n]: y
Source address or interface: 10.0.10.1
Type of service [0]:
Set DF bit in IP header? [no]:
Validate reply data? [no]:
Data pattern [0xABCD]:
Loose, Strict, Record, Timestamp, Verbose[none]:
Sweep range of sizes [n]:
Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.0.0.115, timeout is 2 seconds:
Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

I don't understand why I can't ping an address on my 10.0.0.0 segment
from the 10.0.10.1 interface of my router????  I'm embarrassed to
be asking this because I fear the answer is so simple, but then again
I was taught to never be afraid to ask even stupid questions.... ;-)

So, here's my config and I would appreciate any words of wisdom.

Regards,
Becky

Current configuration:
!