From: Subramanian Nallasivam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 3:54 PM
To: Ole Drews Jensen
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Some ISDN PRI questions

Hi,

 I am new to ISDN concepts, but here they are....

    We have 23 DSO  for carrying data. Each channel carries 8 bit word or
something. So

    23 * 8 = 184

   One channel is used for carrying signal . So the number comes out to be

   184 + 8 = 192

  Since 8000 samples are sampled per second , the calculation comes to be

 192 * 8000 = 1536 Kbps.

T1 uses in-band signalling ( uses same data channel for signalling also)
where
as ISDN PRI uses out-band signalling (uses seperate channels for signals).

I am new to ISDN cocepts. If I am wrong please correct me.

Thanks,
-Subbi.