I can sympathize. Congratulations it is a big deal. I too do not find many
people to talk to or get excited about what I do. It seems to be that way
for many many engineers. I have resolved to simply saying "I work with
computers" when people ask me what I do because even if I explain it to them
they still don't understand and telling them I work with CPU's is just
simpler. It is not a job that you can go home and talk about. "Yeah honey,
it was cool. I built 3 3-DES VPNS between several branch offices, but it was
frustrating because I somehow messed up the OSPF tables". WTF are you
talking about??

My uncle is a Doctor and when he says I sewed someones arm back on everyone
understands. If you say I attatched a router to a network (the simplest of
terms)nobody knows what you really did and how neat that really is, or more
importantly all the things it will allow that comany to accomplish.

Well hey!! I understand, and even if everyone else doesn't understand, we
build networks, we make the internet happen, and we enable the people we
work for to do so many incredible things. It is very very important work.

Again CONGRATS!!!!

AUX0
CCNP +Security