Tristan,

If you have a UNIX host with a TFTP server, this is the basics
of a script
to back up the configs using SNMPSET to kick off a
"WRITE NET" command.

NODELIST=/tftpdir/routers/nodelist            # list of router
names to back
up
TFTPSERVADDRESS=10.1.1.1               # Address of TFTP server
storing
configs

for NODE in `cat $NODELIST`
  do
  TFTPFILENAME="$NODE-confg"
  snmpget private $NODE .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.55.$TFTPSERVADDRESS
 octetstring
$TFTPFILENAME > /dev/null
done

The script I use runs to over 900 lines of code, error checking,
logging and
so on.

Once you have your script, run it from the cron daemon in the
quiet
overnight slot you reserve for such things!

There is lots more than this to do to make this a viable production
script,
but it should get you on your way, or let
one of your UNIX colleagues look at this and they can probably
run you up
something suitable in no time.

Regards
Pete S.

/DISCLAIMER
All the ususal legal rubbush means that if If your house burns
down after
reading this it's NOT my fault, OK!
/DISCLAIMER OFF