On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> You can write shell scripts.... Break the task into pieces...
>
> One shellscript for example that reads all routers out
> of an ASCII database or simply an ASCII database, that
> is read by script, here a snipplet from a script I use
> to save running config of all routers mentioned in file
> CISCOS=path
>
> for entry in `cat $CISCOS`
> do
>         # read a line from router table and set arguments...
>         set -- `echo $entry | tr ':' ' '`
>         ip=$1
>         name=$2
>         type=$3
>         passwd=$4
>         enable=$5
>         echo ">> writing config for $name ..."
>         $HOME/scripts/write_config $ip $type $passwd $enable
> done

Andreas,

you do realize that you are passing your enable password/secret in clear
text for anyone on that machine to see in the output of a "ps -aux / ps
-ef"?  I woudln't recommend doing that.  It would be more secure to open a
file handle to an rsh or ssh process connected to the router, and just
read and write from that.........

Brian