On Nov 3, 10:39am, Erick wrote:
} Subject: Re: Deferred Packets
} >
} > } Defered packets occur when the ethernet is too
} > busy
} > } and the interface can't put the packet out on the
} > } wire, so the packet is dropped. This is normal. I
} >
} >      Bzzt, wrong!  The packet isn't dropped, it's
} > held and transmitted when the wire is free.
}
} My mistake. I would argue that if there are many
} deferred packets queue'd up waiting to being
} transmitted that possibly the buffer for holding these
} packets could become full, thus packets could get
} dropped.

     True, but this would be a "dropped packets" statistic and isn't
implied by deferred packets.

}-- End of excerpt from Erick