I don't think we can stress enough how important the speed/duplex mismatch
and autonegotiation problems are.  If you are having a LAN problem, this is
one of the first things you should consider.  The interesting thing thing
about duplex mismatch errors is that things can seem like they are working
okay, but you notice problems once in a while.

Every day, probably hundreds of thousands of users and servers are
experiencing less-than-optimal performance because of this kind of problem.
Are some or all of your IP phones rebooting every once in a while?  Even
this could have something to do with a duplex mismatch problem somewhere
between your IP phones and your Call Manager.

One question I have for folks is is whether duplex mismatch errors between a
switch and one device on a segment (network printer, PC, server, etc.) could
substantially degrade performance on the switch so that other links would be
impacted in a noticeable way.

Tom Larus

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]