J B,

If you're familiar with Cisco routers, WAN troubleshooting (probably T1
or Frame) and QoS intricasies, then $5,500 is way too much.  You could
set up the routers well within a single day, probably closer to 1/2 day.

If you're not familiar with Cisco routers, especially QoS since quality
problems may only arise under certain load conditions, then having an
outside company do it correctly may very well be worth it.  I suppose it
all depends on how important uptime is to your company.  If your company
stands to lose money if voice calls can't go through or if reliability
is an issue, pony up and pay the $5,500.

If you're up to the challenge, poke around Cisco's site.  There's not
much detail on your environment, but you'll probably be interested in
PPP interleaving, FRF.11 or 12, LLQ and the various classification
techniques.  Getting voice over your data circuit reliably requires that
you look at the path end-to-end, so you might also be interested in
looking at what layer 2 classification/prioritization is available on
your switches.

As far as IP connectivity, not much has changed in the last 2 years.
Assign valid addresses, pick a routing protocol and whalla!

That should be enough to get you started anyway.  :)

- Tom