From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of n
rf
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 3:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: number of CCIE [7:70151]

Mark E. Hayes wrote:

> hehehe!!! Well done. I enjoyed that retort. I have to admit
> that I did
> not know there were lab bootcamps. All of the bootcamps I have
> seen are
> for the written test. How much does a CCIE lab bootcamp run? I
> earned my
> MCSE and CCNA fair and square, even though, I did attend
> bootcamps out
> of curiosity. It was a great experience. If I could attend a lab
> bootcamp I probably would.

Yeah, see?  Now that you know about them, you want to go, and why do you
want to go?  Obviously because they're going to give you an advantage
(clearly it's foolish to spend money on a bootcamp if it doesn't give
you
any advantage).  Therefore you must admit that bootcamps must make it
easier
for people to pass the test (again, if this was not the case, why would
anybody go to them?).   So now we're finally clearing up some of the
points
I've been saying all along - that there are things that exist today,
like
bootcamps, that make the test easier than it was in the past, when there
were no bootcamps.

Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with bootcamps per se, but it
does
mean that Cisco needs to compensate for them by making the test harder.

> As far as starting my own business, I am glad to say I am in
> the throes
> of doing that now. At least the boss will be fair.

Excellent.  I see one person is putting their money where his mouth is.
There is a perpetual line of guys who complain about how the corporate
world
works, yet those people who REALLY don't like it should simply start
their
own company.

> The vociferously stated opinions of my first post, low class
> though they
> may be, were used to make a point, much like the smugness in
> your
> tongue-in-cheek comments about how the real world is. I am well
> aware of
> how the real world is. I've been unemployed for 7 months and
> have been
> told on several occasions I am shoe-in for a job, until I'm
> asked if I
> have a U.S. DoD clearance. And no, I'm not whining. Talk about
> your
> cannabilistic world there (IT DoD).
>
> Your views tend to knock certs a little bit. That's fine, to
> each their
> own. May be you prefer academia instead. A whole 'nuther post
> there.
> I've worked with some real winners who've had a master's. One
> guy even
> asked me how to spell Chinese. I asked him if remedial spelling
> was on
> the Master's track. Now if you want to talk about how the real
> world is
> it goes like this. Company A could give a rat's arse whether or
> not I
> live or die, as long as they get what they want... A lot of
> work for
> little pay or as little as they have to cough up. Doesn't
> matter if I
> have a PhD or just finished third grade. I accepted that fact
> along time
> ago. College does no more to prepare people for the real world
> than
> certs do. Yet time after time a Bach's Deg is used to weed out
> the
> undesirables that chose to work instead of wasting life's
> precious time
> taking 128 credit hours for about 20 hours worth of relevant
> content.

Whole another issue, which Mr. Nalbandian would happily like to talk
about.   Heck, he wants to talk about it so much that he's been accusing
me
of secretly talking about it using codewords.  If you want to have this
discussion, I am happy to oblige, but let's do it privately (I think I
just
made everybody smile when I said that).