All,

Just to add my 0.02 worth.

A good rule of thumb to keep in the back of your mind (actually, it's better off
being at the front) when designing, managing [proactively :-)], or just plain ol
lurchin from crisis to crisis is that the internetwork is there to provide a
business need for the end user.   That business need is invariably implemented
across a variety of platforms, hence a hodge podge of protocols all glued
together somehow to provide seemless, transparent (to the user preferably)
connectivity and services.

So, you still awake?, it would be advantageous to get to know one OS well and at
least become familiar with the peculiarities of all the others (particularly if
they're in your domain!).

Cheers,

Jack G. Jessen

Communications Design and Management Pty. Ltd.
Unit 35, 27 - 35 William Street
Fremantle, Western Australia, 6160

Phone - 61 + 8 + 9433 2888
Fax -       61 + 8 + 9433 2911

"Oz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 06/08/2000 02:43:05 PM

Please respond to "Oz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>