">As suggested before creating another vlan would be more ideal.

Why would it be more ideal?"

Because it is cleaner.  With the proposed solution you would be dealing with
secondary addresses, traffic for both 10/16 and 11/8 floating around on the
same VLAN, etc.  Besides, it sounds like the network is "flat" now, with an
11/8 subnet (if you can call that a subnet).  They are moving to a 10/16
address space, that is subnetted.  I'd assume a logical breakout like

10.0.2.0/23
10.0.4.0/23
10.0.6.0/23

etc, based on geographic location (separate subnet per IDF or floor).  It
would be pretty hard to do that all on one VLAN...  So you are going to be
moving 2000 PC's that are all in one VLAN to a bunch of separate VLANs.

This is assuming a lot, but it's not like we were sent a Visio diagram of
the existing and planned network...

Fred Reimer - CCNA

Eclipsys Corporation, 200 Ashford Center North, Atlanta, GA 30338
Phone: 404-847-5177  Cell: 770-490-3071  Pager: 888-260-2050

NOTICE; This email contains confidential or proprietary information which
may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s).
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected the email, please
notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named
recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your computer.