>SNIP
>" everyone seemed to at least have an MCSE before attempting the cisco
>route. Is this highly essential to succeed? "
>SNIP

Let's see...I can set the IP parameters on a Windows host. I have a
reasonable understanding of the traffic effects.  System
administration on Windows? Nahhh.

UNIX, MacOS, IBM MVS, VMS, sure, as well as assorted real-time code.
Really Obscure Things like IBSYS, EXEC 8, IBM 1130 Disk Monitor,
AHS-11, IBM 360 DOS, PRIMOS, etc....yep.

Somehow, I have managed to eke out a networking existence.