No sntp time source was available if I remember correctly, only novell
clients and servers, possibly a sco server several (isdn!) hops away.
Details are hazy now and I don't have access to the notes anymore since I
switched work some years ago, but I remember we had to live with an unsynced
clock and use the old "now the router says it's x o'clock so that log is
really from y o'clock" differential timing :(.
I think at that time on the remote network were only old netboot msdos
novell clients and we could not bring up the isdn line in order to sync the
clock or something like that. Hmm can't be, it would have synced happily
with sntp at least whenever the line was up, there must have been some other
reason. Possibly incompetence on our side :)

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A. www.previnet.it
-- Heiko Herold [EMAIL PROTECTED]