On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Montgomery, Robert WARCOM Contractor wrote:

> Is installing a WIC and/or memory in routers typically a simple job or a
> tedious, drawn-out process?  I guess I'm looking for the horror stories...

Power down the router, plug it in, power it back up and you've got a
new interface.

Some of the WICs are fairly involved in terms of configuration, such as
drop-and-insert T1.

The WICs with built-in CSU/DSU functionality have a configuration subset
"service-module" where you set linecode, framing, clock source, etc.

It's a lot less hassle than external CSU/DSUs and cables, IMHO.

--
Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/