the wics are very easy just be careful what model routers some are hot
swappable some are not.
Insofar as flash goes
  I always  have spare copy of the ios on my laptop just in case the image
gets funoogled  when TFTP 'ing.
 Being the whacko i am i also carry a baby hub and cables also
if possible you can load the flash offsite  too and check  it on another box
. kinda helps when using used flash  as much of it looks the same  but
works different on each router.
use care with the clips on the older machines they are easy to break ..
 a couple of rubber bands will fix that tho (grin)

Oz
http://www.mcseco-op.com/helpfull_links.htm